A letter from the Superintendent has been sent to all District families and staff regarding this morning's fallen tree incident
Please see the attached 5/18/17 letter for more details.
Please Click Here TO REGISTER if your our child is: 1) Entering Kindergarten in September; 2) New to the District; 3) Returning to the Nyack School District after attending school outside our district; or 4) A preschooler who registered to receive special education services but are now eligible for Kindergarten,
In order to safeguard the health and well-being of your child, place him/her in the most appropriate program and conform to New York State law and District policy, we will need certain information and records. The District has implemented a secure, online enrollment process called INFINITE CAMPUS. Parents/guardians must create an INFINITE CAMPUS account to register.
1) to schedule an appointment to enroll the student(s)
2) with questions regarding the District’s residency requirements
3) to find out about the McKinney Vento Act (refer to Registration Forms)
The following documents are required and must be submitted at the time of your registration:
1. Documentation of Age – You will need to provide proof of age by providing one of the following:
A. An original or certified birth certificate or record of baptism giving the date of birth
2. Proof of Residency (details in the specified block on this page)
3. Report Card (most recent) from the school the student is currently enrolled. Note: for high school students, please provide a transcript with all grade levels attended as well as a schedule of current courses the student has taken within the current year. If applicable, please provide a copy of IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan.
4. Proof of Physical – Physical exam performed within the last 12 months by a physician is required for every new entrant.
5. Proof of Immunizations
Parent(s) or Guardian(s) shall provide proper proof of parental relationship: The School District may require the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation to provide the School District with an affidavit either:
(1) indicating that they are the parent(s) with whom the child(ren) lawfully resides; or
(2) indicating that they are the person(s) in parental relation to the child(ren) over whom they have a total and permanent custody and control and describing how they obtained total and permanent custody and control (whether through guardianship or otherwise).
The School District may also accept other proof, such as documentation indicating that the child(ren) reside with a sponsor with whom the child(ren) has been placed by a federal agency.
Please contact the District Registrar for additional information or if you have any questions.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: In order for your child(ren) to attend Nyack Public Schools, you must be a resident of the School District
Section 210.45 of the Penal Law of the State of New York prohibits the making of a false written statement. Therefore, your statements contained in your registration application must be true and accurate. If the School District determines at any time that you are not a resident of the School District, your child(ren) will be excluded from the School District.
HOME LANGUAGE QUESTIONNAIRE (from the State Education Department)
Provide at least one item from Section A and two items from Section B, as per chart, below.
1. Copy of residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium (i.e. mortgage or closing statement, contract of sales, lease agreement, deed, tax bill, homeowner’s or renter’s insurance)
2. Residency Affidavit by third-party landlord, owner, tenant from whom the parent is renting
3. Such other statement by third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relationship showing physical presence in the school district
* Residency Affidavit and Third-Party Residency Statement can be found under Additional Forms at the administration building
1. Pay Stub
2. Income Tax Forms
3. Utility Bill (O&R, Cable, Telephone, Water, etc)
4. Voter Registration Card
5. Official driver’s license, learner ‘s permit or non-driver identification with current address
6. Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (i.e. local social service agency, Social Security Administration)