The Nyack School District Will Temporarily Provide Free Meals to All Students
Pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, the Food and Nutrition Service is allowing school districts to offer free meals to all district-enrolled students under the age of 19. This means that enrolled students may receive a free meal regardless of their eligibility under the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). This program will help facilitate the safe and efficient distribution of meals. This free program will potentially run through 12/31/20.
2020/21 School Food Service
Effective 8/31/20, grab and go breakfasts and lunches will be available for eligible Nyack School District students each Monday and Wednesday through 9/23/20.
Beginning 9/29/20, meals will be available for pick up five (5) days a week to accommodate eligible students on remote learning days when the District shifts to a hybrid model.
Meals may be picked up at one of the following two locations:
- Nyack Center located at 58 Depew Avenue, Nyack between the hours of 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Waldron Terrace Apartments parking area (distributed via Aramark food service vehicle) from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Regular food service will be available to all students in the school buildings when the District shifts to its hybrid-learning model on 9/29/20.
Pre-payment of meals is strongly encouraged in order to limit the handling of cash. Students may bring a check made out to “Nyack Public Schools” or utilize the MyPaymentsPlus on line option at www.mypaymentsplus.com.
Please contact Steve Wilson, Aramark Food Service Director at 845-353-7152 or Gloria Menoutis, School Business Executive at 845-353-7034 if you should have questions.
Nyack Public Schools Food Program
Manage your child's meals online with MyPaymentsPlus
MyPaymentsPlus online payment plan for school lunches:
- Log into www.mypaymentsplus.com
- Deposit funds directly into an account using your student's ID number* (obtained from your child's school or report card.)
- Monitor balances or your student's purchases
- MyPaymentPlus charges a fee of 4.75% of the transaction amount each time a deposit is made.
- Important Information about logging on with your child's student ID number: All student passwords require 7-digits. If your child's student ID number is less than 7 digits, you must enter zeros in front of the ID number when logging in. For example, if your child's ID number is 1234, your password will be 0001234.
- MyPaymentsPlus account balances existing at the end of the school year may be rolled forward to the following school year.
- Food service account balances cannot be transferred to or co-mingled with extra-curricular accounts in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Office of the NYS Comptroller.
- Requests for food service account balance refunds should be emailed to the District Treasurer at email@example.com. The request should include the name of the person to whom the check will be written and the address where the check will be mailed. The request should also include the name and grade level of the student.
The Board of Education recognizes that on occasion, students may forget to bring meal money to school. To ensure that students do not go hungry while also promoting fiscal responsibility, the Board will allow students who may forget meal money to “charge” the cost of meals to be paid back at a later date. Please refer to the terms in Charging School Meals Policy 8595 which can be found in the ePolicy Manual located in the District home page "Board of Ed" > "Policies".
Steve Wilson, Aramark
Food Services Manager
PART TIME FOOD SERVICES POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Please contact Steve Wilson for more information
Free/ Reduced Applications
School Menu Prices
Breakfast & Lunch Menus
(Content to be updated soon)