Budget and Vote Information
2020-21 SCHOOL BUDGET VOTE & BOARD TRUSTEE ELECTIONS
TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2020
POLLS OPEN: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
2. Hilltop Building (Nyack Schools Administration Building)
3. Valley Cottage Elementary School
VOTER REGISTRATION: To qualify as a voter, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
In order to vote in the school budget vote and board elections, voters must be registered with the Rockland County Board of Elections or Nyack School District. You are registered if you have voted in a general or school election at your present address in the past 4 years. Am I registered?
- You may register with the Board of Elections, 11 New Hempstead Rd, New City, NY 10956, (845- 638-5172).
- You may register at the Nyack Schools District Office, 13A Dickinson Avenue, Nyack through Tuesday, May 12, 2020. In-person registration is required along with photo identification and proof of residence.
There are three open seats for the Board of Education; the seats currently held by Beth Davidson, Jen Marraccino and James Marshall.
The term commences on July 1, 2020 and runs through June 30, 2023. Elections will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 together with the Annual School Budget Vote.
Any person 18 years or older; a resident of the District for at least a year; a U.S. citizen; and a registered voter may run for a position on the School Board.
Anyone interested in running for the Board of Education should contact the District Clerk at 353-7015 to obtain a packet containing the guidelines for running and the nominating petition. Signatures of at least 25 qualified voters are required on the nominating petition. The deadline for filing the petition is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 20, 2020.
For further information on the School Budget Vote or Board Trustee Election, please contact the District Clerk between 8:00 AM-4:00 PM any day while school is in session:
Linda DeCicco, District Clerk
Phone: (845) 353-7015