Welcome to OCADA (Our Community Against Drug Abuse)
OCADA (Our Community Against Drug Abuse) is a local coalition established in 2010; supported by a federal Drug Free Communities Grant; and operated by school and community members.
Visit www.OCADAworks.org for resources and more information.
The OCADA Mission is to work together to protect our youth from substance abuse, to foster a safe community, and to establish a network for: Information, Awareness, Support Without Judgment and Change. OCADA offers school and community-based programs and opportunities for adults to collaborate and make an impact on substance abuse prevention. All are welcome to attend monthly coalition meetings or events listed on the District calendar.
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Vaping
- The Adolescent Brain and Alcohol
- Tips for Parents in Preventing Underage Drinking
- An Overview of Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Guidelines for Neighborhood Meetings
- Truth & Consequences for "Parents Who Host" Underage Drinking
Click Here to view a listing of Community Partners & Information including:
- HOPENY - 877-8-HOPENY (1-877-846-7369) or Text HOPENY (467369) 24/7 Hotline Alcoholism, Substance Use or Gambling
- RCADD (Rockland Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Dependencies) - 845-215-9788
- Mental Health Association of Rockland - 845-267-2172
- Haverstraw Counseling Center - 845-429-5731
- AA Meetings
- NA Meetings
Click Here to view resources from the: Student Support Services & Prevention Office for Nyack Schools